As anyone passing the park recently might have noticed, The Old Tennis Pavilion has been undergoing a long overdue transformation. Originally built in 1924 for the princely sum of £1300 the Pavilion was once an important hub for the local community. With the only tennis courts in the area and some seventy odd years before the introduction of Wi-Fi, it was a busy place. Primarily a changing facility with club room and light refreshments; we’re guessing cucumber sandwiches, tea, long skirts and perhaps the odd monocle.
The good new is, it looks like we’re almost there. It’s been a lot of work to get to this point but it’s looking good. We’ve tried where possible to upcycle as much as we can. Most of the slates have been re-used, the original old floor has been re-laid, and our expert contractor has reproduced the 1924 doors and windows – if not the 1924 bill!
We’re going to be recruiting soon, so if you’re a Barista, wannabe Barista, Kitchen Supervisor or general café superstar, see the jobs section below.